Transferring Ownership Of Your Law Firm To The Next Generation – November 11-12, 2019
ABOUT THIS EVENT
This is a real-time, live group workshop with real case training using your structure, financials and information for analysis throughout. Be prepared to work and develop your personal succession plan. At the end, you will have a clear understanding of the succession process and how to implement your developed transition plan. You will leave with the following:
- Valuation of your law firm
- Transition readiness assessment for you, your firm and your potential successors
- Specific review and financial report with suggested ownership transfer options for the needs and goals of you, your firm and successors
- How to qualify, communicate and negotiate with successors
- Roadmap/action plan for implementation of your succession plan
Through our intensive training, you will get answers to questions like:
- How do I determine financial and professional transition goals and needs?
- What is the value of my firm?
- What succession options may work to preserve that value and allow transfer to the next generation?
- How do I communicate with successors about buying-in and taking over?
- Can I really develop a win-win client and firm transition plan?
- What is the process to implement a succession plan?
HOW DOES THIS COURSE WORK?
In this workshop format you will walk through a law firm succession process.
Prior to the workshop
- Upon registering, you will be asked to compile financial information needed for development of a succession plan
- You will receive a valuation of your law firm, transition structure suggestions specific to your firm’s setup, and transition readiness reports for you, your firm and sucessor(s)
Live Group workshop
Discover. Goals and Needs for Your Succession and Transition Plan
Understand & Analyze. Succession Planning Elements, Goals and Firm Differences
Prepare. You, Your Firm and Your Successor For Transition
Structure. The Succession Plan
Implement. Your Firm’s Succession and Transition Plan
Adjust. You and Your Firm for What Transition Brings
After The Class
Included in the cost of registration are two one-on-one telephone consultations with a workshop consultant to assist in implementation and decisions post-event.
- 2 week follow up by phone – 1 hour
- 6 week follow up by phone – 30 minutes